27 May 2014

Letter 30: Transfers happened again, And once again, our house hasn't Changed.

Dearest Panimalay kag mga Abyan,
Anyway. Some Big News of the Week: Sister Marticio and I are going to be housemates for FIVE transfers. Hahahaha. I even finished her BR before transfer day, and then she didn't even leave (BR: Book of Records. I'd never heard of one before, but basically you write a letter with experiences and thank yous and pictures and give it to someone. It's like a Year Book signing in high school, but nicer and more sincere.)
Which means I'm going to officially be in my first area for 7 (almost 7.5) MONTHS! (Sometimes President does things like where you only train for six weeks and then someone else becomes your trainee's trainer. But not for me. :D)

Alex came to church a FOURTH time in a row. Like: Woah. He's more diligent than anyone. And we STILL have yet to teach him. (like seriously. WHY? Why is he never home when he says he will be?)

Sister Orkin brought a cold home this week, and I caught it on Saturday (haha. in the US, we get colds because it's cold. Here, people get Mga Sipon because it's too hot. haha. Irony)  I was not feeling well! I texted Sister Aquino on Sunday (yesterday) if I could nap for an hour after church before going out (being sick and then having to interpret church for Alex was really draining) and she just told us to stay home.  We went out to work anyway (haha) because we had an appointment with Alex (he punted us) but we were able to get in one lesson before headed back home 4 hours early.
I woke up from my nap, went downstairs to
get some water, and found this :) hahaha
Something funny: My Ilonggo goes away when I'm sick. It just turns back into English. haha. Luckily my housemates all have to learn English. (and luckily our one lesson before we headed home was with a teacher, who is sagad. So he understood my Ilonggo with a lot of English thrown in. But I was too tired to try and explain that if we have different mga Pagpati (beliefs) then aren't the same Faith. Have I mentioned that "it's all the same" is a swear phrase to me now? Can you tell I'm still a little sick? I'm rambling, aren't I?) Remember how I've said it's been way to hot to sleep with a thin blanket? Well last night I was wrapped up tight, even though it was so hot. I'm so grateful for Worthy Priesthood Holders (aka, my district leader and his companion) who were willing to come over and give us a blessing (I wasn't the only one sick. Lucky Sister Taufanga. She never gets sick)

I gave a workshop for the ward of the Elders in my District. It was to encourage members to give referrals (HEY! Members out there. Give a Pamphlet to someone. Share your testimony. PLANTS SOME SEEDS! The Field is white and ready to harvest. BUT FIRST YOU GOTTA PLANT.) It went well. Much better than the time I taught District Meeting. I'm getting a little bit better at public speaking, it really is so much easier when there's two (I'm glad the Lord gives us companions. It's impossible to do this on your own!)

Got my hair cut. It's super short now! (jokes. Sister Marticio just trimmed off about five centimeters this morning and evened it out. I don't trust people that work in salons here. . . they like their scissors a bit too much) 

I've Officially read 1000 pages of the Bible! (getting near the end of the Old Testament.)

Spiritual insight of the day: I was reading "Our Heritage" this morning (my brain is too fuzzy to try and understand Ezekiel.), and I loved what it said, Joseph Smith was counseling Newel K. Whitney about his call to become a bishop, and Whitney felt insignificant. Joseph Smith said, "Ask Father for yourself." 

I loved that the prophet called Heavenly Father "Father." I loved how he showed that God is truly our Father in such a simple sentence, and that we can all seek counsel from Father. For me there was just so much Love and Trust in those few words. 

Love you all! Hope you have a great week! (and oh yeah. The church is True!)

-Sister Smith
CHURCH is always awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment