21 July 2014

Letter 38: It's the Joy of Motherhood.

Remember that song? The one from 'Honk!'?

Dearest Panimalay kag mga Abyan, 

This week was a wonderful week in. .  The house.

So Monday was a grand time, we went out to the other Sisters' area for a Family Home Evening. Haha, I thought our area was bukid, no. My area is hills, the other area is MOUNTAIN. I'm Lucky I didn't slide down the mountain side. And we had to cross sketchy bamboo bridges to get there.
Bamboo Bridge. A little Sketchy, but still safe. 
Tuesday: Had Zone Training! Which means. . .I trained! Talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is the ONLY thing that sets us apart from other Religions. Others have Prophets, dead and/or living, others have temples, others have baptism, claim (just as we do) to have authority from God. 

But only we, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, have The Book of Mormon. 

So why are we not using it to it's full potential? 

That was pretty much it. :)

And then after working that day, Sister Haun broke out in a fever. . . .

And we've been home ever since. And I've been feeling a little bit like a mother taking care of a sick person. (let's just say I don't really want to do that again for a while. It's exhausting.)

We had interviews with President Aquino on Thursday (he sends his love, and says, "Thanks for letting us have Sister Smith"), and Sister Haun got a blessing from him. 

I've been studying a lot. Reading a lot. I'm still behind in my journaling (I journal every day, yet I can never finish. . .) And Sister Haun and I have been talking A LOT. We've gotten to know each other very well :)

And our housemates were kind enough to go on splits with us on Saturday, and then both companionships split with a member on Sunday, so that Sister Marticio could stay behind with Sister Haun. 

haha, on Saturday I got a bit lost. Sister Punsalan was like, "Don't you know how to get there?" 

"Well. . . I've actually only been working out in my area 8 days, because we got stranded in Iloilo, and just . . things. . And I don't have a sense of Direction!" But The Lord definitely guided us to where we needed to go. 

Not too exciting. . . 

I'm sure next week will be better,

The Church is True!

Love,

Sister Smith
Rambutan: A weird fruit. But yummy. It looks cool too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment