28 July 2014

Letter 39: It's Your Hump Day Shout HOORAY!

Dearest Panimalay kag mga 'Migo,

This week was VERY eventful. First of all: We didn't have water in our house for over 48 hours. (haha. That's a fun adventure.. . .) yeah, the minute we got water again we CLEANED. A house gets dirty FAST.

Second of All: I hit my HUMP DAY! like, WHOA. Where did that time go?? Dasig gid siya! (it's so FAST) Can't believe I've had 9 Months here in the mission! (I can't believe I've been on Guimaras almost a transfer. What?) 
The Picture I drew for the 23rd. CRAZY!
Sister Haun and I will be going home together (she extended.. but doesn't tell people. . shhh!) So we celebrated together with Homemade Banana Bread (it actually turned out really well, we made it in our little toaster oven.) with NUTELLA! (Thank you Sister Nielsen. haha, she sent it to me my last week in the MTC, and I'd been saving it!) We talked and talked and talked. Actually, come to think of it. . That's all Sister Haun and I do. No wonder I can never get my journaling done.

Third of all. . . SHOUT HOORAY, SISTER SMITH FINALLY GETS TO TEACH THE RECENT CONVERT LESSONS.

Sister Haun and Sister Karaponga were pretty much the ones who taught Darwin, I just got to be there to reap the rewards.

So yeah, it was great! Getting there was a bit of a struggle, mostly because some of the leaders were like, "Are you sure he's ready?" and we were just like, "YES. If you would take the time to get to know him, not just the silly teenager attitude you see, you'll see he's ready and wants to be baptized."

Saturday was great, our Branch President went and picked up Darwin (he lives too far away from the church, he can only afford to go there once a week for Sunday.) and everyone came super early for the service. (8:00 is early, but there was a meeting at 9, so we moved it forward an hour) Even the Elders in our district, who traveled 40 min or so to get there. (Our District leader was so happy, his first Baptismal interviewee got baptized.) Everything went smoothly, it was happy and great, and Darwin's testimony was awesome!

And then. . . Later that night, we were reviewing his Baptismal Record.. . and we realized that his baptism was WRONG, because we'd mixed up his middle and last name! hahaha, we were so shocked. We were like, "We thought he was baptized. HE thinks he's baptized. oh NO." So basically, we texted the branch president, asked him if Darwin could be baptized AGAIN before church. He texts back, "Yes" and we get on a tricycle, pick up Darwin, he was so confused. The conversation went along the lines of:

Us: "You name was mixed up."

Him: "Yeah. I know, you messed up!"

Us: "Why didn't you say anything?"

Him: "I forgot!"

I guess he was just too carried away in the Spirit.

Anyway, Elder Taylor baptized him ("If you need to get the job done, then do it!") and, and there were two more Priesthood holders there to witness. hahaha (even the 3 church early birds came and attended. They thought it was hilarious.) 
Darwin's Second Baptism. . . hahaha. I like this picture
better than the first one from Saturday. hahahaha. 

So basically, No one knows what happened but Darwin, His Uncle, Our Branch President, Three RS Sisters, and a Brother. And now all of you. (and Darwin's BR says the 27th instead of the 26th too.) But Sister Haun and I are determined to never tell anyone currently serving in the Iloilo mission. (Because we will never live it down. NEVER. sshhhhh!)

I'm sure when he goes on his mission, he'll enjoy telling that story. It's a good one to tell his kids in 20 years. "You know children, I got baptized TWICE."

Let's just say things are never normal when Sister Haun and Sister Smith are companions.

Besides being eventful, this week has been so spiritual. We want to work through the members, but we don't actually know where they live. . so we've been so blessed in just running into them, or the one LA is like, "yeah, I know where 3 people on that list live. I can show you them on Wednesday if you'd like." We've been seeing so many blessings and tender mercies, that only the Lord can be the master of all of it.

I must say, these past NINE months have been so amazing, and I've been loving it all so much. There come times when I slow down a bit and just go, "Whoa, where did the time go? That happened so long ago, but it was just yesterday!" There have been to many experiences, and too many wonderful miracles. It's been so CHALLENGING. And I know I'll be different when I get home. Heavenly Father really is moving His work forward, and I'm so thankful to be apart of it.

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be the One and Only correct and true church here on Earth.

I know Joseph Smith and all his successors to the prophets of this dispensation. I know the Book of Mormon to be the Word of God.

I know Jesus Christ to be our Savior and Redeemer, and I know that He is Hastening the Work of Salvation.

I know Salvation isn't easy. I know a mission isn't easy.

But it's worth it.

I love you all.

All's well in Guimaras,

Love,

Sister Smith

ps. Went to a Beach Baptism for the Elders in my District. Cool, debala?

Got to visit my first beach! (haha, there haven't been any beaches in my areas, and the beaches I've been to have been rock) Which Constitutes a cool Picture.


Companions <3

No comments:

Post a Comment