15 September 2014

Letter 46: Challenges are Good for You

Dearest Family and Friends, 

That sentence is what Sister Haun and I have been telling ourselves for the past week. 

It's crazy how you can be doing so well, and your area and investigators are progressing wonderfully, and then in two weeks it all just stops and goes backwards. 

But let's not be Pessimistic, let's look at the good side of things :) This is a Challenge from Heavenly Father! And like the title of this Letter says: Challenges are Good for You. They Help you grow and refine you to become the person you want to be. 

Zone Meeting was this week, and that's kinda what we all talked about. (well, three out of four of us). It was definitely one of my favorite trainings I've given, and something I've really learned out here on the Mission.  I referenced my watercolor painting hobby in high school. Remember when I wasn't able to paint? But then I decided I wanted to paint as well as Casey does, and then I finally got better! Goals are important. If you don't have goals, you won't get Anywhere in Life. You will never reach your potential. Jesus Christ gave us a goal we are to achieve, "Be thou perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect." Talk about a life time goal that will not be achieved in one day! But that's why we have each day, to work for it and improve each day. Repent, Come unto Christ, and try a little bit harder each day. :) The Refiners Fire hurts a bit, but it's worth it in the End. 

(Did I mention that the APs decided to walk in our Zone meeting as it was starting? Grabi, at that sight I was like, "NOOoooo" in my head. Haha. Just wanted to mention that.)

Had a Fun CSP in the rain at the Elementary school on Saturday cleaning up the school yard. Funny 'Sister Smith is such a Klutz story' So I was walking down the sidewalk, and then Slipped in the ONLY puddle. Grabi, I did the entire "Heels coming off the ground, back taking it's place" thing. I was soaked and covered in the moss that made the puddle slippery. Haha, luckily no one saw but Brother Nester. And I didn't even understand a word of what he was saying, because he's from Manila and only speaks Tagalog. `
CSP time!
This week really wasn't out of the ordinary (except for the "Our investigators and Recent Converts are struggling.) It's cold and I'm wearing the Rain Coat I bought (that looks like it's from the 90's. one of these days I'll take a picture of it) because there's a bagio somewhere up north. Our gas ran out and so we thought we'd be stoveless for a week and a half (my housemates refuse to buy new gas because Sister Marticio is going home, so she doesn't have money, and neither does Sister Tarantan because she's only a Part Time missionary. And Sister Haun refuses to buy some just in case she might transfer.) but then the District President said we could borrow the Church house's ELECTRIC ONE for a week. Blessings from Heaven. also, we had water this morning even though it's been raining really bad (they turn it off generally when it rains, so that the sediment doesn't get into the system)

Anyway. Biskan may mga pagtilaw, (whoops. Even though have trials,) Heavenly Father will always help and tender mercies from Heaven are Miracles in our life. 

I love you all! The Church is true and everything that goes along with it! Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God, and one of my heroes. Heavenly Father Loves us and wants us to return to Him. Yes it will be difficult. Yes there will be Mountains to climb and Rivers to Cross, and a Devil to defeat and temptation to overcome. But in the End, Christ will Reign, and through His selfless Atonement, we have the chance to be there with the righteous at Judgement day. Sa ngalan ni Jesu Kristo, Amen. 

All's Well, 
-Sister Smith
The Cutest little Ati. She used to be scared of me,
but I won her over with Candy :D


No comments:

Post a Comment