13 October 2014

Letter 50: Rain Rain Go Away

Dear Family and Friends, 

Normally, when I sit here in the Computerhan I think about how fast the week has gone and nothing new has happened, and it feels like just yesterday I was sitting here. But today, I feel like it's been weeks since I've sat at this computer. . even though not much is new. Again. But that Number 50 at the top of this letter is pretty big. . .whoa.
Selfie in a Tricycle
Zone meeting was last week. Once again it comes and goes. Stressing over training comes and goes. Interviews were supposed to be last week, but instead they'll be this week.

So for some big news: I was told for the first time in my mission to "Stay Home, Do Not Go Outside" because of the weather. It rained for 24 Hours, and then rained most of the time for another 24 hours, and then rained a bit more for another day after that.  We actually went out for the first day, and we came home completely soaked to the bone. We got a call around 7pm telling us to go home (which was funny, because I was already home in my sweats and a jacket, heating up some water for a cup of Milo) We got another call the next morning telling us to not go out. And then we were told we could go out around 4:30pm that evening. Saturday we went out in the morning to invite people to come to General Conference, I forgot my umbrella (Sometimes I'm so not smart) and the sunny weather turned into a downpour. Came home Soaked, and then went to General Conference. 

Of course we don't have running water during all of this, but hey, there was an endless supply falling off our roof being caught into several buckets outside.
Catching Rainwater
There are pros and cons to Rain water showers: Cons: it's REALLY Cold. And there's a few twigs and leaves at the bottom of the bucket you decide to ignore. 

Pro: Rain Water is good for your hair. 

Anyway. Now the sun is shining and it feels hot again. Funny how quickly the weather changes

Nanay Emma is doing good (even if she did her Laundry instead of coming to church) We taught the Word of Wisdom, and she said it wouldn't be a problem to give up coffee

General Conference was AWESOME. (I rediscovered that I'm loosing my English vocabulary. I sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out what President Uchtdorf meant when he kept saying "Vistas") 

But seriously, how amazing is it that Heavenly Father loves us so MUCH that He calls 15 Prophets, Seers, and Revelators in this dispensation to help us along our way? I know Thomas S. Monson to be God's Prophet here on the Earth today. I was sad that no instigators or Less actives in our area made it to conference, but hopefully next week, some of them come to church :) 

The Church is TRUE, and Guided by Jesus Christ at the Head. 

I love you all! (a lot!) 

-Sister Smith
FHE at Nanay Bico's




No comments:

Post a Comment