09 March 2015

Letter 71: The Start of a New Planner

Kanakon Panimalay kag mga Abyan,

Alrighty, where to start? I think I'll just right things down and see if anyone can make sense of what I'm trying to say.

So Monday. . .FHE! I love Family Home Evening, can I just say it is so much fun :)
MORE Family Home Evening!
Tuesday we had Zone Meeting. I learned my lesson. I wore a nice sweater/jacket to Zone Meeting to fight against getting sick from the Air Con :)
Zone Training! I learned my lesson and wore a JACKET
Sister Crisanto and I have been going on a search for the Less Active PRIESTHOOD in our area. We visit plenty of Relief Society women, but we received revelation that it's time to go find those men and try to help them come back.

There's a member family in our area that has a restaurant, and they sell ice cream. WELL, it's a small world, because they were talking about how they used to sell ice cream in Iloilo, Me: "Where in Iloilo?" Them: "oh, In Jaro" Me: "Where in Jaro?" Them: "Near CPU, next to BengBeng store." Me: "Are you Serious?! That was my FAVORITE, I wanted to cry when you closed!!!" So, small world. who would have thought that my favorite Ice cream place in my first area was actually owned by some members in my area in Antique?

Sister Fantone and Sister Fepuleai had a great baptismal service :) great spirit. And I absolutely love their RCs, they are the sweetest!
The "F Sisters" and their Beautiful RCs!
umm. oh yeah, we had an FHE last night with some of the Deaf Members in the Ward. It was SO MUCH FUN. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love them? I think I'll just say it again :)
FHE with the Deaf
It was actually really funny, because Monica (she's kinda like their adopted Aunt. She's way awesome, If she finds out a deaf person has been rejected from their family, she takes them in, and shares the gospel with them. And then they all work together to save money to go to the temple as a group of 9 or so when they get enough money to go) told us to go over at Six, it was already getting dark, and we had a find a way to set up some lights, because the deaf can't communicate in the dark. The entire time Monica kept saying, "I told them to do this hours ago while it was light outside, but they Didn't!" it was funny, a good lesson of "Be Prepared" or "Do not Procrastinate (the day of your repentance)"

We cleaned our house this week (YAY for Celestially clean living space) and rearranged :) We sleep upstairs now, so that's different. Also, went through the clothes that previous Sisters have left behind, and I found the cutest skirt. I felt like a fairy. haha.
Sometimes. . .You Rearrange your house on a whim.
My New Fairy Skirt
Also, I started using my new planner, so to get over the sadness of it being the last. . .I made an Avatar the Last Airbender joke.
Zuko is in my Planner :)
So, We've been reading the Bible like we did last year, and we've been reading in Samuel the past week. The Story of David is so striking, isn't it? He's such an amazing kid, he kills a lion and bear to protect the sheep, becomes the king's armor bearer and . . .the person that sings and plays the harp to make the king not stressed out (is there a title for that?) then he slays Goliath like a boss, but doesn't take any credit and ALWAYS gives it to the Lord.
(See 1 Samuel 17:45-47 "Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hands.")

He then doesn't consider himself worthy to become the king's son-in-law, has the BEST FRIENDSHIP WITH JONATHAN ever (Don't get me started about Jonathan, I absolutely love that man, he is so amazing.) pulls the Robin Hood thing and becomes an outlaw with Saul trying to kill him, but refuses to kill Saul himself. Eventually becomes King of Judah and then Israel

and then he goes walking out on his roof and see Bathsheba bathing. Now he could have walked away, it could have been nothing, but noooo he had to inquire, "Who is that?" It's kinda like walking off of the beach into the ocean, before you know it, his head is under water, and he's arranged for the death of Bathsheba's husband to cover his sin of adultery.

It's amazing how, much like Saul, David is the best of the best, but then Satan is finally able to get that flaxen cord around his neck, and then comes the strong chains.

It goes to show that no one is Perfect (except for our Savior Jesus Christ) and that if we aren't careful, and don't watch ourselves (see Mosiah 4:30) how we can fall into the temptations and tricks of Satan.

But, there is always those wonderful scriptures like Mosiah 26: 30 " Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me. "
or Doctrine and Covenants 58:42 "Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more."

Isn't the Atonement of Jesus Christ an amazing thing? The Lord WILL forgive us for our trespasses and sins against Him, 100% Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty. That is definitely something I have learned here, how to repent, and how to use the Atonement to not only become forgiven or clean. . but to become better. To be as Christ would have me be. Christ's Grace is his Enabling Power of the Atonement, to become and to change, not just use the cleansing power. I studied about "Grace" a while back. It was way cool. Thanks for giving me the name Hannah, because it means "Grace" it's a good reminder to always be thankful for Grace from God. :)

I know Christ is our Savior, and that through Him we are saved :) He showed the way for us, and our job is to follow, and be as He is (see 3 Nephi 12:48 " Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect. :)

I know the Church is true, and I'm ready for the best and greatest transfer ever. I love this work, I know it to be for the Salvation of Souls (my own included)

I love you. Yeah, A lot :) You're in my prayers.

Love,
Sister Smith

This Cute Kid turned Five :)

No comments:

Post a Comment